The Meeting was called to order at 11:00 A.M. by President Bob Rozema.
Board Members present: Rozema, Ieraci, Glickfield, Gill, Rossi, Alfano, Bazerghi, Comis, Dreos, Gilligan, Hamaker, Ludwick, Mayer, McBride, Nicholson-Brown and Songer.
Old & New Business - President Rozema introduced and welcomed Andy and Kathy Mitchell, owners of Irelandís Inn, who gave a detailed presentation regarding Irelandís Inn, including its history (family owned) and the extensive plans they have for rebuilding/modernizing it to meet the competition. The project will cost over $300 million. Instead of being another concrete structure on the beach, it will be elegant, casual, sophisticated with upscale service, softscapes, landscaping and water. It will have hotel rooms, condo residences, window type restaurant, oceanside bar, ballroom and more.
When asked how we can help, their response was:
- VIP cards available at Irelandís Inn Ė put a star on it.
- Inform our commissioners that this is a good project that we support. The following motion was made and passed: The Galt Mile Community Association will recommend this project to the City.
Opus South - The size of their garage has been reduced. There will be a presentation on November 9, 2005 at 5:30 p.m. at the Community Center. It is on the November 15, 2005 commission agenda. They would like our support.
Il Lugano - Ralph Hamaker - They are working on it, but nothing is visible as yet.
Jitney - Commissioner Teel mentioned there may be a minor charge due to increased fuel prices (.25 - .50); this is only being considered at this time.
Correspondence - The crime report has not been updated since the last meeting.
Treasurerís Report - Leah Glickfield reported $16,589.19 in our Treasury.
- Pio: Reported on the status of the Beach Patrol. There are still 4 buildings (Plaza East, Plaza South, Southpoint & Edgewater Arms) that have not signed up. George Gretsas will send a letter to Southpoint and Edgewater Arms. By the end of next week, hopefully a starting date of the program can be established.
- Bob Wolfe, Property Appraiserís Office: There is help for property tax filing available. Scott Lewis is new to the Property Appraiserís Condo Division. He spoke about portability, encouraging the introduction of legislative bills permitting portability. He also addressed eminent domain.
- We discussed hurricane impact windows. Articles on web site and newsletter have been very effective; projects are moving forward on window replacements. The legality of assessments was addressed.
- President Rozema introduced Shirin Yazdani, the new SunTrust bank manager, and Kenneth Padowitz, who is running for Broward Circuit Judge.
Next Board Meeting - THE NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2005 AT NICKíS ITALIAN KITCHEN AT 11:00 A.M.
Meeting adjourned at 12:30 P.M.
Fern McBride, Assistant Secretary